Sunday, July 25, 2010

 

One of these Days

One of these days I'm gonna keep up with this blog. I spend so much time reading PZ Myers' blog Pharyngula which you can find here
practicing my guitar and reading Spanish, that I just run out of time. It's difficult for me to focus on one thing long enough to really get it right. It must be a character flaw. I wonder if I can make money by simply using this strength. The evidence of this in my life stares at me everyday. The stack of papers and notes from my MBA classes are still placed right next to this keyboard, right where I put them on June 5th, 2007. It's sad. Well, on to my selected subject.

As you may recall, I noticed I lacked a belief in God during the last days of 2007. One of my first questions to myself was "When did it happen?" I thought back through time and realized it was some time after the middle of June, sometime during that Summer, but I didn't notice when it happened.

Anyway, during that first year, I got all the literature on the subject and saw many videos and told everyone I was an Atheist, etc, etc. I relaxed and let it all steep and percolate.

For these 3 years, my wife has been married to an atheist, something she didn't sign on for or expect. We both believed the Bible and tried to live the Charismatic way for 25 years. Anti-abortion, anti-homosexual, anti-Disney, anti-evolution, anti-this, anti-that, conservative Republican politics, nearly the whole fundamentalist pizza. Now I am totally turned around on all these subjects. Actually, I never disliked evolution or Disney).

And therein is the rub, funds that are procured by the sweat and toil of my brow are being used to promote these very ideas to which I am now very much opposed. I've been wrestling with this for over a year. I think I know what to do, but I just won't do it. I set a deadline for myself and let it pass. It seems like the camel will be dried to dust and blown away before I do anything. I'm suffering. I just realized it.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]