Thursday, August 05, 2010

 

Greater Love Hath No Benevolent Deity

Sometimes I hear or read someone quoting the Bible and it seems so mean that I have to look it up to make sure it actually says what the quote says. I don't know why I am still skeptical about the quotes of evil deeds perpetrated and encouraged by Jehovah since the Great Flood Story tops them all for the killing of innocent children.

Ezekiel 9:6
Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

I remember 26 years ago, as I waited to enter the sanctuary to be married, I sat at the pastor's desk, opened a Bible at random and quickly read through Ezekiel. I didn't get to finish it, but I am sure I made it through Chapter 9. I read the words of murdering little children and wasn't appalled with it. It just didn't register. God always gets a passing grade anyway. It must be OK somehow, because it's God doing it. It took a while to break out of that mindset, but breakout I did and I am not going back.

Of course, these are simply stories, made up by illiterate, desert nomadic sheep herders and not to be taken as real history. However, many humans, in this 21st century, actually worship at the altars of this wicked acting Deity. And they encourage their own children and unsuspecting strangers to give themselves over to this God and worship Him also. But once one is freed from these irrational chains of mental slavery, one sees it as a travesty which sadly remains in the world.


"Save yourselves while you still have a life to save!"

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]